Autumn in the Garden Centre at Chaplin’sPlants & Soil:
- 10 pack bedding Chrysanthemum - only 59p
- 9cm Chrysanthemum ‘Poppins’ - £1.50
- 1 Litre Chrysanthemum ‘Garden Mums’ mixed - £2.00
- 19cm Chrysanthemum Ball £6.99 (10 pack Pansy/Viola £2.99)
- Autumn/Winter hardy Pansy & Viola 6 pack - £1.99
- Range of bedding plants, ideal for containers; Antirrhinium, Bellis Daisy, Myosotis, Stocks, Sweet William, Wallflowers 6 packs - £1.99
- 9cm Cyclamen (indoor or outdoor) £1.29 each
- For Hardy, tough low maintenance plants, Heathers are hard to beat. Winter/Spring flowering Ericas in variety 10cm size @ £1.49, 13cm @£2.99
- Calluna 6 pack mixed colours, pinks and whites £9.99
- For spring colour, scent and a good source of nectar for Bees, Barefoot Wallflowers are in sleeves of 10 plants per pack dwarf and standard varieties (mixed and self colours) £2.69
- 3 Litre evergreen shrubs from £5.99
- 6 pack shrubs £8.99, Ideal as starter plants or planted in containers.
- For the Wildlife gardener extend the Pollen season for beneficial insects with late flowering Asters, (Michaelmas Daisy) 1 Litre size £2.00, 2 Litre size £4.99
- Helenium ‘Moerheim Beauty, 2 Litre £4.99
- Sedum ‘Carl’, 2 Litre £3.99
- Improve the texture and health of your soil with our 40 litre bags of Humix £2.25 each
- Magnolia brand multi-purpose compost, 60 Litre £3.99 (or 3 for £10.00)
- Ericaceous compost, 45 Litre £3.99
- Taylors Crocus ‘Cream Beauty’ 20 bulbs, £2.49
- Snakes Head Fritillary mixed, 12 bulbs, £2.99
- Allium ‘Purple sensation’ 5 bulbs £2.49
- Shake ‘n’ Rake Allium bulb collection, 5 varieties (includes Daffodil & Tulip collection) £2.99
- Low growing bulbs, ideal for rockery or containers, Dwarf Tulip mixture, 12 bulbs £1.00
- Iris Reticulata 8 bulbs £1.00
- Narcissi ‘Hawera’ 12 bulbs, £1.00
- Crocus ‘Ruby Giant’ species £2.49
- G Plants box of spring flowering bulb collection 25’s 30’s & 50’s £3.99
- Taylors Narcissus, mixed colours, 30 bulbs £4.99
- Indoor displays of colour and scent Narcissi, ‘Bridal Crown’ 3 bulbs £1.00 & ‘Paper White’ 3 bulbs £1.00
- Hyacinth in a glass, blue, white & pink, £1.25
- Taylors bulb fibre, 10 litres £2.99
- Westland’s bulb fibre, 20 litres £3.99
- ‘Electric’ red onions, 50 for £1.99
- Indoor flavours, terracotta herb set £4.00
- Grow your own mushroom kit, (white & chestnut), £3.99
- Strip veg plants, £1.50 (e.g. perpetual spinach)
- Men’s Wellies from £10.99
- Women’s Patterned Wellies from £14.00
- Kid’s Wellies from £7.00
- Outdoor Garden Brush £3.49
- Tubular plant fleece, 3m x 0.75m £1.00
- Giant Garden Bag. 150 Litre capacity, £3.99
- Garden incinerator, special price £19.99
Kilner Preserving Jars & Bottles from £1.00, for preserving produce from your garden and the hedgerows.
Plant Protection Fleece
Multi Purpose Compost
Path & Patio Cleaner
Log Rolls 6" and 9"
Garden & Plant Mesh
4 Tier Growhouse
Evergreen Grass Care
AlpinesIn the wild these plants grow in exposed rocky positions in direct summer sun. In the winter, they lie under a blanket of snow that protects them from extremes in temperature, and keeps them dry. In Britain, winters are relatively mild and wet so they need a well-drained soil and a mulch of grit to keep moisture away from the leaves.
Bedding PlantsBedding plants add an instant splash of colour. They are ideal for borders, hanging baskets or pots and containers. Bedding plants are easy to plant and easy to replace.
Bird BathsA birdbath is one of the easiest ways to bring birds up close. You can attract even more species of birds with water than with a feeder.
Bird TablesA bird table will be at its most popular and valuable from October to April. The bird table can be left in position all year round, but bringing it in out of the weather during the summer will prolong its life.
Cermaic PotsWe are proud to offer ceramic pottery that is both unique and unusual. Our pottery comes from all over the world. Growing plants in pots offers great scope and versatility; it can bring you the pleasure of a garden even in a restricted space. Terracotta pots are extremely versatile. Our huge variety come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, so there is always something to suit your situation.
Garden ChemicalsSome biological products can help in the battle against insects and disease. Various materials can be used to physically block or repel insects and keep them from damaging the plants. Our experienced staff can assist customers in choosing the best product for them.
ClimbersClimbing plants use other plants, rocks or manmade structures for support. Climbers can brighten up any wall, fence, post, arbour or even old tree stump. We have a large range of Clematis, Honeysuckles, climbing Roses and more unusual climbers.
CompostGarden trimmings and food residuals constitute nearly 25% of landfill waste. That's a lot that could become useful and environmentally beneficial compost instead! Compost can:
- Suppress plant diseases and pests.
- Reduce or eliminate the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Promote higher yields of agricultural crops.
- Facilitate reforestation, wetlands restoration, and habitat revitalization efforts by amending contaminated, compacted, and marginal soils.
Decorative AggregatesWe stock a wide range of high quality, natural aggregates, blending rich colours and textures to any garden or hard landscaping project. For paths, driveways, ground cover, ponds and water features, the CHAPLINS range of materials includes an extensive selection of decorative chippings, pebbles and cobbles.
FencingA garden fence can also be a extension of your garden. By planting vines, and leading them upwards you can create a textured green wall that will be home to birds and insects. A wooden fence will give your garden a rustic look that is both timeless and traditional. It is also a better surface for growing plants on. Make sure that your garden fence is an extension of the character and appearance of your home.
FertilizersMany homeowners recognize the value of fertilizing trees and shrubs in their gardens, yet they become confused when confronted with the variety of fertilizers available to them. Development of compressed spikes, tablets and briquettes has been attractive to these gardeners because it simplifies the process. We also have our experienced staff on hand to assist with any queries.
Garden LightingSolar garden lights can be freely distributed in gardens without owners having to worry about cabling, or their children being electrocuted. These are a safer, simpler option and we carry a wide variety of styles.
Garden Ponds(Plymouth only)
We stock a range of moulded plastic garden ponds they are pleasing additions to any garden, relieving the eye from the monotony of plants